So you have just unpacked and turned on your new computer.
First follow the instructions on the computer screen until you get to the Windows Home Page.
- Check the time and date on the computer
- Run Windows Update until they are all done
- Run PC Decrapifier to get rid of all the preinstalled software / trials and pre loaded security software such as Norton or McAfee that you will never use and that just slows down your computer
- Activate Windows Defender through the Action Centre or if you want to pay for a antivirus solution use Nod32 that runs quietly in the background doing an effective job.
Then open Windows Explorer and turn off the hiding of file extensions and make hidden files visible.
- Go to folder options
- Then open – View
- Remove the tick from ” Hide extensions for known file types “
- Click on the ” Show hidden files, folders and drives “
Then install the drivers for your peripherals , mouse , keyboard etc though with Windows 8 just plug them in and take the one’s offered.
The printer drivers offered with Windows 8 are quiet good so again it is , plug and play.
You can then begin installing your software.
After installing your software , go back and run Windows Update again.