With the impending release of Windows 8 it is worth seeing whether you will be able to run Windows 8.
Windows 8 has the same system requirements that Windows 7 does so you could run the Windows 7
Windows 7 and Windows 8 are designed to run on systems from high end to low powered netbooks.
System Requirements for Windows 8 are:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
- Additional requirements to use certain features:
- To use touch, you need a tablet or a monitor that supports multitouch.
- To access the Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
Using the Upgrade Advisor Tool from Microsoft it can assess your computers suitability for running Windows 7 hence to see if you can run Windows 8.