iOS7 has now been out for a few days and apart from everyone trying to download it which can cause the download to crash it really is impressive and on your iPhone or iPad it really gives it a new appearance and I would encourage you to upgrade.
iOS7 will install on the following compatible devices :
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 5C
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S, but does not support: Filters in Camera app , AirDrop
- iPhone 4, but does not support: All items from iPhone 4S, plus , Panoramic photos , Siri
- Fourth-Generation iPad
- Third-Generation iPad, but does not support: Filters in Camera app , Panoramic photos , AirDrop
- iPad 2, but does not support: All items from 3rd Gen. iPad, plus , Filters in Photos app , Square photos and videos ,Siri
- iPad mini
- 5th generation iPod touch
I now have an iPhone 5S and it is the quickest phone i have used thanks to the new A7 processor and the new 64bit operating system.
This will set the benchmark for future smartphones and tablets and after using this I am looking forward to the release of the new iPad incorporating the 64bit and the A7.
Fingerprint Scanner – Touch ID
For those that do not want to enter a password onto their iPhone Apple have added a fingerprint scanner which they call their Touch ID to the new iPhones.
You register your print or multiple prints and it is embedded on the A7 chip not at Apple or in software on the phone.
This can also be used for e-commerce on your iPhone .
This Touch ID works well and just putting your finger on the home button lets you log onto the iPhone.
Apple have improved the camera from the iPhone 5 by:
- Increasing the sensor by 15%
- Having a larger aperture to f 2.2
This leads to 33% more light which equals better photos ( still depends on the photographer )
The flash has also been improved
One of the really great aspects that i like is the new burst mode where the iPhone takes 10 shots a second and will then select the best photo or you can go back and review and pick.
If you are using an iPhone 4 or 4s this is a notable upgrade in the iPhone 5s and if you have an iPhone 5 and are interested in speed as this phone is twice as quick as the iPhone 5.
If security is a concern then the Touch ID makes it worth the upgrade and for the photographer who uses their phone as their main camera then the upgrade makes it worthwhile.