Shopping Online This Christmas – Tips
Research Sites And Sellers
- Research a site through Google before you buy from a seller that you have not done business with.
- Some attackers try to trick you by creating malicious websites that appear legitimate, so you should check the site before supplying any information.
Is The Site Legitimate
- Before you entering personal and financial information to make a transaction, look for signs that the site is secure. This includes a closed padlock on your web browser’s address bar or a URL address that begins with https.
- Do not use unsecured wireless networks to make an online purchase.
Protect Your Personal Information:
- When making a purchase online, only fill out required fields on a vendors checkout form.
How Will You Pay
- Credit cards are the safest option because they may allow buyers to seek a credit from the issuer if the product isn’t delivered or isn’t what was ordered.
- Credit cards may have a limit on the monetary amount you will be responsible for paying if your information is stolen and used by someone else.
Keep A Paper Trail
- Print and save records of your online transactions, including the product description, price, online receipt, terms of the sale, and copies of any email exchange with the seller.
- Read your credit card statements as soon as you get them to make sure there aren’t any unauthorized charges and if there is a discrepancy, call your bank and report it immediately.
Be Wary Of Emails Requesting Information
- Attackers may attempt to gather information by sending emails requesting that you confirm purchase or account information.
- Legitimate businesses do not ask for this type of information through email.
- Contact the merchant directly if you are alerted to a problem.
- Use contact information found on your account statement, not in the email.
Double Check Pricing
- Be suspicious of prices that are too good to be true.
- Also consider carefully whether you may be paying too much for an item, particularly if you’re bidding through an auction site.
- You may want to comparison shop, online or offline, before you buy
Subscription Based Software
Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom $9.99 a month – available from Adobe Creative Cloud
It’s December – Time For Christmas Shopping
- What to buy- Christmas Gift Suggestions
- Buy the right games for the right console – Check the console that the person has before buying a game
- Wireless headphones with mic – Beats , Bose
- SD Cards for cameras
- When in doubt gift cards
Do Your Research For Christmas
- Want to know how to set something up , how it works , Google it before christmas , download and read the instruction manual
Is Your Suburb On The NBN Rollout ?
Check your address here – NBN Rollout
Crap App Of The Week
Pet Baby , ever wondered what your pet would look like as a human baby