Keep control of safety with Telstra Mobile Protect
Telstra Mobile Protect is designed to help protect your children when they’re using their mobile devices, and lets you restrict usage on mobiles and tablets on your account.
So if you want your kids to focus on their study and not their social media, or to protect them from the dangers of unwanted calls and SMS messages, then this is the feature for their phone that can help you get a better night’s sleep.
Plus, keep the content your loved ones view on websites clean and family friendly with the web blocking features, and keep an eye on their social networking.
And while you can’t put a price on the safety of your family, Telstra Mobile Protect is available with your Telstra mobile at no extra cost.
With Telstra Mobile Protect, you can:
- Apply internet filters
- Restrict call and SMS activity
- Set time restrictions
- Block access to nominated websites
- Get reports on what internet sites are being accessed on your mobile services
How to get Telstra Mobile Protect
To get started, simply log into My Account with your username and password. If you aren’t registered for My Account, you can sign up here.
- Once you’re in, select the mobile service you want to apply Telstra Mobile Protect to, then press the manage button for Telstra Mobile Protect under the features section to enter the setup process.
- Within the setup process you’ll be able to create your phone and internet restrictions.
Once set up, we’ll send an SMS to the mobile service you’ve added Telstra Mobile Protect to as soon as it’s been successfully applied. This can take up to 10 minutes.
- You’ll need the user’s consent to apply Telstra Mobile Protect to a Telstra mobile service (including Pre-Paid) that isn’t on your account. Press the ‘Import service’ button at the bottom of the Telstra Mobile Protect dashboard and follow the on-screen instructions.
We’ll send an SMS or an email (if the device isn’t capable of receiving an SMS and an email address has been provided by you) to the user of that device. The user must accept the request by reply SMS or via the authentication link provided in our email for the consent to be accepted.
Email access needs to be via the Telstra Mobile network and not via a Wi-Fi connection for the embedded acceptance link to work.
For those that are not on Telstra