/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-ansi-language:EN-US;}Facebook can be a great place to interact , socialise and grow your business.
On 7AD I discussed Facebook and talked about safety and what to look out for.
Here are some of my basic tips
- Adding a person on Facebook , ask yourself , Is the person you are about to add the person you want to add ?
- You are under no obligation to add anyone , if you have children explain this to them
- Fake profiles of people do exist – look and see if they have similar friends to you. Status – Basin Information – Gender
- Do not be afraid to unfriend people , especially if you have children on FB , get them to not make public everything that they post
- Use the close friends list for sharing amongst a select group , learn the difference between Public , Friends and Close Friends
- Links in FB – think twice before you click , you can infect your computer with malware / virus by clicking on bogus links
- Bait links – See what happened to the missing airline , see a shark bite a man in half – avoid these – They can in some instances capture your login and password
- Be aware that FB will tailor posts to your age and gender – 13 – 18 year olds are susceptible to more violent content than older people will see
- If you see something on FB that you feel should not be there , report it , look for the dropdown symbol in the top right hand corner of the post , tell them why it should not be there
- If you cannot login to FB , it means your account has been compromised , change your password , do not ring your ISP ( its not there job ) , starting another account will not fix the original problem