I still see people who claim that their Facebook page has been ” hacked ” and with the vast majority of these it normally boils down to human error.
So lets examine the ways to lock down your Facebook page
- A good password will help for a start – people still use terrible passwords which contain a word such as Richard2015. If you have a password like this it is only a matter of time before you lose access.Consider changing that password to something like 20Richa15rd.
- Turn on 2 factor authentication – this means giving your mobile phone number to Facebook.There is nothing wrong in this and will prevent unauthorised access to your account.Facebook do not use your mobile number for nefarious purposes.
- Run through the Facebook Security Checkup
- Consider adding a Trusted Contact to your account which can help you get back into your account
- Look at the Extra Security Settings you can use
Remember by being proactive you can protect your Facebook account