Apple made announcements this morning with the 3 key announcements being:
- The new Apple watch
- The iPhone 8 – iPhone 8 Plus
- The iPhone X
They also announced an upgraded Apple TV which is being upgraded to 4K and HDR and some local content for Australia
AR is incorporated into the new phones and get ready for the Animojis – animated emojis
The leaks all came true so there was little that was surprising in the event.
Apple Watch Series 3
- Cellular – now you can make calls without your phone from your watch
- Apple-designed W2 chip. 85% faster Wi-Fi, 50% more power efficient.
- Siri can now talk on Apple Watch Series 3
- 18 hour battery life
Orders Sept 15th available Sept 22nd
iPhone 8 – iPhone 8 Plus
- Glass front and back – described as “the most durable glass ever in a smartphone” , the glass back enables easy wireless charging – that is more than welcome.
- Colours : space grey, silver and gold finishes
- Water and dust resistant
- A Retina HD display with True Tone, wide colour gamut and 3D Touch
- True Tone technology automatically adjusts white balance to match the light around you. which makes for a better viewing experience in all kinds of environments
- iPhone 8 features a more advanced 12‑megapixel camera. With a larger, faster sensor – lets in more light A new colour filter. Deeper pixels. And optical image stabilisation for photos and videos
- Faster but with the same battery life
Order on the 15th Sept – Available Sept 22nd
Price starts at $1079 for the iPhone 8
- Colours : space grey, silver
- 5.8-inch (diagonal) all-screen OLED Multi‑Touch display 5.8inch
- Has Face ID, a Powerful & Secure Authentication System which revolutionises authentication on iPhone X, using a state-of-the-art TrueDepth camera system made up of a dot projector, infrared camera and flood illuminator to recognise a face.
- Face ID projects more than 30,000 invisible IR dots. The IR image and dot pattern are pushed through neural networks to create a mathematical model of your face, while adapting to physical changes in appearance over time.
- These advanced depth-sensing technologies work together to securely unlock iPhone.
- Face ID only unlocks iPhone X when customers look at it and is designed to prevent spoofing by photos or masks.
- Camera appears to be the same as the iPhone 8 plus
iPhone X will be available in silver and space grey in 64GB and 256GB models starting at $1579 for the 64GB model and $1829 for the 256GB model
Customers will be able to order iPhone X beginning Friday, 27 October, with availability beginning Friday, 3 November
Available to download from the 19th Sept