Now that iOS12 is here from Apple , it is time to revisit a popular subject – Parental Control.
So what are some new features as a parent you can access on iOS12 using any iOS device that has been updated to iOS12 and remember lots of older iPhones and iPads can make the move.
Here’s a list of every Apple device that supports iOS 12:
- iPad Air 1, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro (12.9, 2015), iPad Pro (9.7), iPad 2017, iPad Pro (10.5), iPad Pro (12.9, 2017), iPad 2018
- iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X
- iPod touch (sixth generation)
First remember you will need to have your children on Family Sharing , instructions can be found here:
So what parental controls can you achieve?
- Lock Your Child Out of Their Phone During Family Dinner or Bedtime
- Put Time Limits on any App including Fortnite
- See How Your Child Is Really Spending Her Time On Her Phone
- Block Content and Turn Off In-App Purchases and Location Services
Full instructions can be found on this link from Lifehacker: Here’s What You Can Do With Apple’s New iOS 12 Parental Controls