Big Sur is the new macOS operating system released this week.
Here are a couple of tips before you decide to make the move.
- Did you upgrade to Catalina ? If not then you need to realise that 32 bit software will not install and will not be able to run . How To Find 32 Bit Software On A Mac
- Will my Mac take the update – most macs from 2014 onwards can and if you are offered Big Sur in software updates it will install
- It is a big update – over 12gb
- Make sure you have backed up your Mac with Time Machine before attempting the installation of Big Sur and I would go as far as making a copy of your user profile
- Restore Your Mac From A Backup
- Backup Your Macs Home Folder
- You can wait a few weeks before you install it – there is no rush
If you need assistance with your Apple Computer please: Contact Me