Email is such a huge part of our lives you need to try and get it under control
The processing of email should be based on three distinct steps
- What does this email message mean to me?
- Do I need to action anything from this email message?
- What’s the best way to finish with this email and the action it contains?
Working on your emails however consists of a few interrelated tasks with the problem lying in the amount of time and how often you do these tasks.
- Checking and or being notified of any new email
- Looking at your new messages for items needing attention
- Responding to the time critical action items
- Perform maintenance on your mailbox , via folders and rules
Tomorrow getting emails under control