If you have been involved in a cyber-attack such as the recent Optus , Medicare ones, what do you need to do?
- Ensure you have 2 factor authentication – multi factor authentication turned on across all your accounts that allow it – email, bank, social media , Google , Apple , Microsoft etc – to make it extremely hard for a ” hacker ” to login to your account without a password.
- Do not disclose your personal information or banking information to anyone, either by email or online unless you can prove it is a legitimate request.
- Check your bank accounts for suspicious transactions on a regular basis.
- Do not click links in emails or attachments unless you are satisfied they are a legitimate link.
- Don’t reuse passwords – consider a password manager
I can be contacted through my site if you would like to make an appointment to assist with the points above – CONTACT ME