THINK BEFORE YOU EMAIL
- Keep it brief , the more you write, the harder it is to check you haven’t said something you will regret.
- Do not write emails when you are angry or emotional. Leave it for a time before writing, if at all.
- Do not write emails when you have been drinking.
- Do not include personal, intolerant, or insensitive statements in corporate email
INTERNET USE BY CHILDREN OVER THE HOLIDAYS
- I get calls from parents saying “what can I do as the children are on the internet all day “
- There are routers available which can be configured to stop selected devices going on the internet at selected times during the day – The Gateway Max From Telstra
- Take the router with you when you leave the house if it becomes an issue
- Open DNS – a free and a paid service that can restrict what your children can visit on the internet
- If you have young children – have the computer for the home in a common area of the home so you can monitor its usage
- Its about having that conversation with your children about the internet and its dangers and setting boundaries about what happens in your own home
- Be aware that many children will put pressure on parents to buy an age inappropriate games for Christmas
- Do some research , age restrictions are there for a reason
LEARN SOMETHING THIS CHRISTMAS BREAK
- Not on social media or have a Facebook account and not really sure how they work , then spend some time this holiday break learning how to use them.
- Sharpen up your office skills , Microsoft offer Online Office Training,
- ForwardIt to improve up your computer skills
BE PREPARED FOR CHRISTMAS DAY
Use Google if you
- Don’t know how to work any piece of technology
- Don’t know how to put something together
- Are buying a piece of technology – look for the reviews
CRAP APP OF THE WEEK
Super Mega Worm Vs Santa 2 – $1.29
A christmas game for hardly anyone in the family