If you are concerned about the speed of your internet and WiFi you need to first test the speed in the correct way.
2 sites that enable you to test your internet speed are:
Test your internet speed by using an ethernet cable plugged straight into the router.
So now you have tested your internet speed what about your WiFi ?
When testing WiFi there are a few rules to follow:
- Don’t Do the Test Only Once
- Don’t Test at the Wrong Time of Day – after the children come home from school – Sunday night when everyone
- Don’t Do the Test in the Wrong Place – do it in the same room as the router not at the other end of the house
- Make sure you do not have other devices using the internet at the same time
- Before you test reboot your computer