So lets deal with the Pippa Middleton ” hack ‘ and what we can learn.
- A good password – no visible words – capitalise at least one letter – have a number in it – use a symbol – for example 20Richa16!rd
- Don’t tell anyone your password
- Turn on 2 factor authentication – give the company your mobile phone number – then if someone tries to access your account you will receive a message on your phone
- Know your security questions and don’t make them obvious – favourite sporting team , place of birth , mothers maiden name
If you have a Yahoo account your details maybe available on the internet
You can check if they are by logging on and if you see a notice like this you probably have been.
However if you have a Yahoo email account here is my strong advice
- Change your password as above
- Turn on 2 factor as above
- Keep an eye on your bank account for fraud
- Treat Yahoo emails with suspicion
- Swap to a Gmail account