I am asked whether it is time to make the move to Windows 10 all the time.
Remember you have until July 29th 2016 to upgrade at NO COST , after that date you will have to pay to upgrade your operating system.
So if you have a computer running Windows 7 , 8 , 8.1 should you install the upgrade.
In most cases – yes is the answer.
However here are the caveats to that statement.
- Do you have programs that will be incompatible with Windows 10 – check with the software makers website to see if they have any issues.
- Do you have registry cleaners , free programs ( PC cleaners , speed up my PC etc ) – these need to be uninstalled before you upgrade as they basically don’t work and will in many cases stop the upgrade.
- Uninstall your commercial antivirus before you upgrade and then reinstall after the upgrade.
- If you have bad sectors on your hard drive it may not install and you may need a new hard drive
- Upgrading to Windows 10 is not a cure for your current issues , if you have malware issues you are just packaging them up and moving them , they need to be addressed before upgrading.
Remember to do a backup before you upgrade in case things go wrong.
If you would like to stop the upgrade and reminders to go to Windows 10 checkout this article