Looking for a free software alternative that will cater to most of your CD , DVD burning needs.
There are 2 pieces of software you can choose from:
First you could use CD Burner XP
CD Burner XP will:
- Burns discs – Data and Music
- Creates boot discs
- Converts iso’s
It is suitable for Windows Vista , 7 and Windows 8
And remember it is Free , I have been using it for a while now and highly recommend it
More information and the download are available at CD Burner XP
The second chioce is InfraRecorder
“InfraRecorder is a free CD/DVD burning solution for Microsoft Windows.
It offers a wide range of powerful features; all through an easy to use application interface and Windows Explorer integration.
- Create custom data, audio and mixed-mode projects and record them to physical discs as well as disc images.
- Supports recording to dual-layer DVDs.
- Blank (erase) rewritable discs using four different methods.
- Record disc images (ISO and BIN/CUE).
- Fixate discs (write lead-out information to prevent further data from being added to the disc).
- Scan the SCSI/IDE bus for devices and collect information about their capabilities.
- Create disc copies, on the fly and using a temporary disc image.
- Import session data from multi-session discs and add more sessions to them.
- Display disc information.
- Save audio and data tracks to files (.wav, .wma, .ogg, .mp3 and .iso).”