Refurbished or secondhand smartphones may seem like a bargain but you need to take some precautions before buying.
- If buying from a business check the details of the phone you are buying, warranty, description of the device including the age of the smartphone
- Don’t buy a smartphone that is too old, 1 – 2 years age at most, remember Android phones will usually only get about 2 years of updates
- Don’t buy the phones where the price seems too good to be true – there are new Android phones available to buy from $150
- Battery life can be an issue as the smartphone battery maybe at end of life
- If you are buying a secondhand Apple iPhone make sure you see it turn on and you do not want to see the last owners Apple ID (This can mean it’s probably stolen)