One of the great accidents with electronics is the fact that occasionally you will have an accident with them and say , drop them into the toilet or other expanse of water , think washing machine.
So what do you do.
- First remove from the phone everything you can , battery , plastic covers , memory card
- Now dry the phone as best you can using towels , paper towels etc
- Then use a vacuum cleaner ( carefully ) on the phone to draw the moisture out of the phone , use of a hairdryer or the oven can damage the electrics
- Then place it in a jar of rice
The rice will hopefully draw the moisture out of the phone
How long should you leave it in the jar of rice?
- If you want it to have the best chance of recovery 2- 3 weeks
This also works on iPods , iPhones etc and gives you a chance of recovery because as we know electronics and water do not mix.
You may still have to get your phone fixed by a repairer.