For the past couple of days I have been able to use the new Telstra TV , a streaming player which will be released and available for Telstra customers from the 27th October.
The Telstra TV is an easy to use streaming player that allows Telstra home broadband customers to watch the most popular streaming services, rent the latest blockbuster films from BigPond Movies and catch up on their favourite TV shows on their compatible TV through the stations catch up services.
Telstra TV provides access to services including apps for Presto and Netflix, as well as a number of television catch up services including SBS on Demand, PLUS7 and 9JumpIn with Stan arriving in November.
I am reliably informed that other apps will be added to Telstra TV over the next few months.
Telstra TV is powered by Roku which any tech person will tell you make great devices.
Is It Easy To Setup – Extremely
- Unpack it , put the batteries in the remote
- Plug the device into power
- Connect it to your tv with the enclosed HDMI cable to a free HDMI port
- Connect it to your wifi network or ethernet cable following the onscreen instructions and using the remote
- Update the device , following the onscreen instructions
- Sign into your account through your computer – this then talks to the device
- Then you are ready to watch
As you can see from the instructions setup was easy , only taking a few minutes and then my wife was happily watching the episode of ‘ The Block ‘ that she missed.
The Telstra TV is a device that just works making it easy to catch up on tv , watch the streaming services in the comfort of your home using the latest technology.
You can request a device when it is released at this link Telstra TV , cost will be $109 or free on selected Telstra broadband bundles.
Key Product Features
- Speed – Roku’s fastest processor to date
- Apps – Access to a huge range of local and international video
- Video & Audio Support – 720p/1080p HD and Dolby Digital 7.1
- Connectivity – 802.11n dual band wireless or 10/100 Ethernet Port
- Remote – Infrared (IR) Remote with quick replay button
- Extra Storage – MicroSD slot and USB port for additional storage
- Mobile Integration – Support screen mirroring with Miracast and 2nd screen ‘casting’ with Netflix and You Tube
- Processor – Dual Arm A9 1Ghz Processor 32KB L1 Cache
- RAM – 512MB DRAM
- Storage – 256MB Flash NAND
- Ports – HDMI 1.4, USB 2.0, MicroSD Slot
- Remote – Roku Standard infrared (IR) Remote with 2x AAA batteries
- Other Inclusions – Power Adapter, 1.5m HDMI Cable