This coming friday , the 21st Sept , we will be able to buy the iPhone 5 , well at least to it sells out.
So lets look at some reasons why you may want to buy the iPhone 5.
Reasons To Buy The iPhone 5
- Speed , it’s quick , Apple are saying this is a lot faster than the iPhone4s
- iPhone 5 is now 9mm taller , its only 7.6mm thin , that’s 18% thinner = 20% lighter
- Increased battery life , smartphones including iPhones are a one day proposition , the promised battery life will be a welcome benefit.
- It will run on the 4G network , which means greatly increased browsing speed for the internet , email and your apps.
- An improved camera with improved low light capabilities , panorama capable and facial recognition and an improved ) tougher ) lens
- Improved audio – the iPhone 5 has 3 microphones – for phone calls and voice recording – and uses spectrum bandwidth to send a much better, higher fidelity version of your voice over the network ( You will sond better on your phone calls ). Telstra utilises this technology on its Next G network.
- The screen has 44% better colour saturation which means it will look better
- The new connector (the lightning connector) is reversible so you will always put it in the right way
- New earphones which sit in the ear with side vents for improved acoustics and lets face it the last ones were awful.
The iPhone 5 improves upon the same great design and it is a really good hardware upgrade with some design tweaks.
Would it be enough for people to swap their phones from Android to iPhone , probably not , especially if you were using one of the new Samsung phones such as the Galaxy S3 , however if you have had your Android phone for 2 years it would be worth a look.
So who upgrades to the iPhone 5 ?
- People who have had their phone for 2 years or more and like the look of the iPhone 5 or have never had a smartphone
- People who have an iPhone 4 and did not make the move to the iPhone 4S as they have had their phone for 2 years
- People who cannot wait and just want the new iPhone 5