I recently changed hosts in Australia for 2 domain names I have and ran into a string of errors that ultimately brought down 2 web sites ( not Adelaide Techguy ) and brought down the associated email accounts as well.
Here is what to look out for:
- Make sure your contact details are correct with the new domain name host
- Make sure all the old contact details from the previous host have been changed and updated to the new ones by logging onto your account and checking.
- Make sure the new domain name host is actually controlling the domain and that there are no links back to the old domain host
- If you have redirections on your domain names , check they have no relationship to the old host
- Take note of your expiry date for your domain ,so that you know when your domain needs renewing as you should not rely on the domain host to notify you
- If you change email contacts , make sure you update them.
This is especially important if you go through a reseller ( your internet provider such as Internode , Adam etc )